The Immigrant: My Baby Update!

In the name of God, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِالرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ | Peace be with you السلام عليكم


Last time The Immigrant was Homeward Bound


I can grow a baby... what's your super power?

Human Incubator at your service!


Well it's been several months since I returned to Canada, I'm a little more settled in and a lot rounder.

Since coming back the doctors have been able to adjust my medication, one that's not harmful to the baby and helps me to keep my food down. Looks as if I will be one of the lucky few that are sensitive to hormones, I am blessed with morning sickness through out my entire pregnancy. And 'morning sickness'? What a lie. The morning sickness was more like all-day-sickness. I have I-can't-eat-or-drink-a-drop-sickness hence the need for medication.

On the bright side, pregnancy has been treating me well in other ways, I haven't gained a lot of weight, which as silly as it sounds is a fear for many Muslim women including myself, and the weight I have gained looks to be purely baby, yay! Also proud to say not a stretch mark in sight, but there are still a few weeks to go so anything can happen, inshaAllah I'll be blessed with a stretch free body as a reward for surviving morning-day-sickness ...I can dream can't I?

Alhamduillah I have an amazing doctor with a wonderful bedside manner who does in office ultrasounds every visits, allowing me to see what's going on, on the inside. Dear readers, I am having a daughter! To my amazement I have been able to watch her stretch and suck on her fingers as well as roll side to side.



I am glad to be able to see what she's doing, sometimes it feels like she's having a party in there, she never stops moving!

Next Wednesday the doctors will tell me her height and weight and an approximate birth weight - she's a small baby so far but very healthy alhamduillah.

I just had my baby shower too, now I have more baby stuff then I know what to do with. So apparently I will go into "nesting mode" soon, where you settle down, mentally prepare for the baby, organize your home and reshuffle your life - I don't think so... Mind you I spent two hours organizing everything the baby owns by theme, size, use, and colour... Which is totally worth the time and effort obviously.

Other than that most days are long and boring, I've painted derby cars for friends, which means I spend hours of artistic talent on something that will be smashed after a couple minutes of use, but hey it passes time.



I wish I had something more exciting to tell you guys, I am excitied for this baby to come, but I'm not completely in a hurry for another human being to be solely dependent on me. MashaAllah, it is exciting, but daunting. I'm a little scared.

I think that's about it then! I'm hoping to show my face a little more on Muslimness now that the medication is working well and I am starting to feel like myself! Till next time, asalaam alaikum and be kind to your wives and mothers!

More Muslim blogs on

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
By The Immigrant | Peace & respect ★ | www.Muslimness.com

author

A quick note from → Zaufishan, MUSLIMNESS creator

MUSLIMNESS.COM. Savvy Muslims in Media, trendy blogs and Good News. If you too are like, totally awesome, share your ideas by contacting MUSLIMNESS. Sharing is Khayring.

Check out more → , , , . Follow responses through RSS 2.0

Follow Muslimness

TRENDING VIDEO

LATEST MUSLIMNESS COMIC

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

EVENTS THIS MONTH

OUR PARTNERS & SPONSORS